Thursday, February 8, 2007

The agony of the feet

It is still very cold here in Syracuse. I have made some progress on the side to side cardigan. However, an overwhelming urge overtook me to knit another pair of socks. My sock yarn drawer is full to overflowing and I found two skeins of Patons Kroy Socks in the Country Jacquard colorway.

Last weekend, I also went through my knitting magazines pulling out the ones I no longer wanted. My plan is to take them to this Saturday's meeting of Twisted Stitches of CNY Knitting Guild. Someone will be sure to want them and now I have a little more space for organizing my books and remaining magazines.

While reorganizing, I came across Simple Socks Plain and Fancy by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. I decided to do her version of the short row sock from Top to Toe. I am going to be what Elizabeth Zimmerman used to call a "Blind Follower" of the directions in this book as I have never attempted this heel before. I had recently seen an example of a short row heel on Shay Pendray's Needlearts Studio with Linda Pratt from Westminster Fibers.

No comments: