Sunday, July 29, 2007

Finishing School

Things are moving along. I can't believe it's almost August! The Shapely Tee is done.
The photo doesn't do the sweater justice. It actually fits very well and looks like it's supposed to.

Also, the Six-Sox Knit-along (Yahoo Group) Victorian Lace Socks are coming along well. I actually finished the first one today. This sock is knitted from the yarn I dyed with Wilton Icing Colors earlier this summer. Yes, I know the new pattern comes out on August 1st.



I, umm, also have another yarn confession......I bought yarn..... Sock yarn......Tofutsies in Cherrybark. It's pretty. Judy at Knitting Connection in East Syracuse had some balls of it. Then, Judy showed me the Colinette Jitterbug she has hanging on the wall behind the counter. The colors are so bright and saturated. Pretty. I wasn't ready to buy any more yarn right at that moment. So I did the next best thing. I went home and emailed a knitting buddy about it. It's called enabling and it's a wonderful thing.....Let's practice it now. E-N-A-B-L-I-N-G ! Here's the link so you can see the shade cards online. http://www.colinette.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1546ad51360b1a2/shopdata/0020_yarns/0007_wools/0005_jitterbug/full_range.shopscript

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Shapely Tee looks great! I'm planning to make the tank version with Microspun from my stash. (Your blog was among the results from Googling.) If I may ask, what size did you make and how many skeins did you use?

KnitterCNY Blog said...

I can't really remember the size I made. I want to say 52" but I should have actually made the 48" and figured out the bust shaping with the short rows from there. If I were to make it again, I would probably use a cotton with elastic in it like Cascade Fixation. The microspun has a very good drape but it is a little warm in the summer.