Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ock! More Socks!



I started working on Jaywalkers by Grumperina http://www.magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm. It is fairly easy to memorize the leg ripple patterning. The yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Fun & Stripes Color 619. The yarn is fingering weight and I am using US Size 1 needles. Luckily, the yarn has fairly long color repeats so the pattern is showing up quite well.



The other pair of socks I started working on is a pair in sport weight yarn with US 3 needles. The yarn is Fostissima Colori 6-strand in color 4007. I am knitting a plain 48 stitch pattern although I may take it out and recast on in a 56 stitch pattern. The needles I am using are my favorite type for double points. They are Bryspun from New Zealand. They are flexible and very comfortable. I got them several years ago at Village Yarn Shop in Rochester, NY, but they are available at a lot of LYS and online at elann.com.

No comments: