Okay, I admit it..... I bought sock yarn (2 skeins - only 1 is pictured below)
1) It's pretty (purple is my favorite color).
2) It's spring sock yarn (cotton/wool/nylon). I don't have any sock yarn except 100% wool in my stash.
3) I haven't been to a yarn store for 8 months. I spent way to much time picking up and putting down many skeins of yarn. (Online sock yarn, Claudia's Handpaints, Lorna's Laces, and Schaefer). I think I was very restrained.
4) It comes with free reinforcing thread.
5) Wendyknits.net "rules" allow sock yarn.
6) It cost $15. Cheaper than a movie and popcorn these days.
Okay, enough rationalizing. It's Lang Yarns Jawoll Cotton Jacquard (49% wool/35% cotton/16% nylon). AND IT'S MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!!!!