I am working on a few projects right now. I haven't been able to knit for approximately 2-3 months due to work-related injury. Now, I am taking it very easy and knitting only limited amounts of time.
Projects I have started:
1) Hat for my boyfriend's birthday. We went out in college and a few years after college. Been friends for the last 3 years and saw each other again over the summer at our class reunion. It was like we were in college all over again. Google eyed and in love. He is so cute and approved the yarn via cellphone pictures.
2) Blanket for a friend who just had a baby. It's a boy so blue Lion Brand Homespun is the name of the game.
3) The Swallowtail shawl is hibernating right now. I am hesitant to work on any project with fine yarn.
4) Another mohair shawl is on the needles. It is knit from Reynolds Fusion which changes color as you knit. The first shawl came out well and all it took was two skeins.
4) I have three afghans on the needles for a friend and his two children who moved into a new home over the summer. He is holding my lap quilt hostage at his house (I left it there) until I get at least of the afghans done. They are all on large needles and I will work on them as I get projects done.
1) Calorimetry (from Knitty) is going to be for for the women in the family.
2) Fetching (from Knitting) will supplement the women who don't get a calorimetry.
3) Boys and girls (my cousins' children) will get hats.
4) Guys (uncles and the like) - don't know yet.....any suggestions faithful readers?